N4DDP and Shack

N4DDP and Shack
N4DDP in native habitat

Monday, April 4, 2011

Back on the air!

If I had known how much better the "Palm Vertical" would work, I could have saved myself a lot of trouble. I worked Texas Sat. night and received a 599 with 10 watts. I know that Texas is not far, but I also heard a station on the Galapagos (and a massive pileup) on 20M. The key is that the antenna is far from all the crap on the house wiring. I am wondering about the quality of the service ground. Still thinking about a roof mounted loop for 10M and 15M. With the sunspots on the rise, I certainly want to have some capability on those bands.

I finally broke down and bought the replacement Norcal keyer chip to replace the one I lost (along with the board!) So I laid out a new board and built the thing. Now all I need is a case. I hope it will improve my CW.

I am down to the power meter and the DDS signal generator and I will be caught up and ready to get back to my SMD bitx. . . I ordered some Toko IF transformers for the band-pass filters today. Hopefully I can move that project along and start talking on it. I have an exciter and VFO and can produce a few mw of RF, but still need the filters and PA to make a completed unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment